Pages

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Changing Your Default Settings Pt. IV

We are moving right along with being with putting a system in place to assist you with accomplishing your goals next year.  We discussed being Specific- what you are really trying to accomplish. Next, we discussed being able to Measure your progress- this is the glue that keeps the momentum going. Then we discussed Action – the things that you are trying to accomplish will not get done by themselves.  You have to put feet to it and “Walk it out ….Walk it out ..walk it out “ in my UNK voice.

That leads us to what we will be discussing today, being Realistic. This is very important, if you set an unrealistic goal then your measuring mechanism will be off; which will lead to your actions being off; which means the momentum will stop. My friend and I placed a bet to see who could gain 10 lbs in 30 days, very unrealistic for both of us.  The mental shift that we both had to make in order to accomplish was difficult.  I had to eat 5 meals a day, workout 5 days a week; I had to consume about 3500 calories a day. I was determined to win the bet.  I came out the blocks, moving….eating breakfast…then a protein shake (1000calories) …then lunch ….another shake…then dinner.  I keep that up for about a week and a half.  Then I crashed and burned. The goal was unrealistic, and the pace that I had to run to accomplish was out of reach. Had I thought about, I would had said 3-6 months. Then it would have been more obtainable.  I did eventually gain the 10 lbs, but it took me a couple of years.

It does not matter how bad you want to accomplish the goal, if it’s unrealistic it will back fire and you will get nothing done.  You know yourself; don’t set yourself up for failure…. be REALISTIC!!!!

2 comments:

  1. How can I see the blog posts that I missed? These principles are great small group or husband/wife discussion topics! When does your bool drop? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in preparation. If you click over -----> you will be able to check out all the post. Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete