Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Let's Talk About SEX!!!!

Sex in the morning....sex in the evening... sex during the day. Sounds good, but is not the reality for most married couples.  For the next couple of days, I will be addressing the issue of SEXLESS marriages. The why's and how's...the dangers and the remedies. I am about to drop some statistics on yall...  married couples only have sex about 58 times a year. That number is crazy, when there is only 52 weeks in a year. That is about once a week, with one week having a bonus. In the past 6 months to a year, most couples have not had sex AT all.... Or no more then 2 times. That is very dangerous place to be in. Most marriages end over sex and money...Not enough of either of them. I know that my single folk reading this is like....I am not getting married then...I having more sex now (but it comes with a price). I will be addressing yall in a later post. If you are married and you are in this situation look in the mirror before looking at your spouse. Tomorrows post I will start breaking this thing down. My goal in addressing this issue is to strengthen marriages, so those that are single can have positive examples.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for addressing this. I thought I was the only person going through it. It's taken a lot for me to open up about it....because I didn't want anyone to know that I wasn't having sex, so my wife and I pretended like everything was ok. I been married for a few years and it didn't start off like that...it kinda evolve into it. There has been times it would be 6 months without having sex...Please help me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, thank you for you being open and honest. They're more people going through,then what is lead on to be. I want to encourage you...I will do my best to put you in the best situation as possible. There is hope and I will be going through what causes this to happen. This will not be a quick fix...and it will take both of you being open. Mainly starting with you. We will peel that onion back and get to the root.

      Delete
  2. Great points all and your numbers are about right also for sex with married couples. But like a hurricane, the perspective is a lot different on the inside than it is from the outside. Sure there is less sex, but there is also far less stress as life goes. Statistics show that not only do married people live longer, but also have less stress and healthier lives. Your post also forgot to mention CHILDREN that play more of a factor in the breakup of marriages than do the lack of sex. Not the fact that the household just HAS children, but all the other factors that add to the dynamics of daily life that now surround children. As a happily married man for some 23 years, I see more of the problem that younger generations just don’t understand how to deal with hardships. Marriages I have help counsel and see displayed on the television go into marriage with false hopes. The main myth is that marriage is a 50/50 deal. It is not and will never be, successful couples fill in where need, nuff said. A healthy marriage is one where the couples realize the marriage is not just a wedding, be a covenant commitment not just between them and God, but between each other. From my experience no one in the United States should get married if one of the party is 25 years old or younger, there is just not enough maturity present. In a society that is now full of freedoms, (many of them undeserved) we find out way too late that successful relationships takes far more than just love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, thanks for the post.I agree....but there is an epidemic going on with marriages being sexless. You a veteran in the game and have learned how to make certain adjust, and when and how to pick your battles. You may have never experienced it, and that is awesome. This is a big part of having a healthy relationship. I was talking to a gentlemen and he told me that his friend has been married 20 years and they have not had sex in 12 years. That is TOTALLY unacceptable on both parties. We both know that the act of sex is the surface stuff....the lack of sex is the deep rooted stuff.

    ReplyDelete