Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Let's Talk About Sex Pt.II Men

Ok, men lets get started in peeling these layers back and start examining why there is no intimacy in your marriage.  My wife just don't want to have sex me, she always have an excuse...I'm tired...the kids...the sun didn't come out today....blah...blah..blah...excuse after...excuse. Believe me I understand.  There is a deeper issue that needs to be addressed, and that issue is the WHY. Yeah we can look her and place the blame on her, but there is usually an underlining factor that causes your wife to shut down. See gentlemen, for us  it's the physical release, for them it's about making a connection. We can be ready at the drop of dime, it does take much. The wind could blow and we're ready to make something happen. Most women are not wired like that. If the first time you are touching your wife, is when it is time to put in work...she is going to be cold and un-receptive. If you are lying in the bed and you just start groping your wife and you have not spoke to her all day, the response is going to be cold. Do you all get what I am saying. Sex for a women is more then the actual act.  See, woman are like a roast. It taste better when it's cooked  in a slower cooker.

Gentlemen, I know what you are thinking"I shouldn't have to do all that". Well, you did all that in the beginning. We make our wives common, and we stop the romance. That is why I said "You first have to look in the mirror". In my own experience, I stopped doing the romantic stuff. The calls, the texts, the cards, the flowers... just because. So, gentlemen we have to figure out what makes  our wives tick? What pushes her buttons? Do you even know what your wife likes? An I am not talking about food or tv shows? My  wife asked "do you know what turns me on"?  Without hesitation, I was able to tell her. I didn't always know, it took some time. Now the challenge is the APPLICATION. Knowing and not doing means that there is some selfishness in me. "She not loving me like I think she should, so I'm not going to do what she wants". So, everyday I try to make a conscious decision to do what makes her feel connected to me. Sometimes I hit the mark, sometimes I don't...but everyday I try to do better.

See, gentleman woman love a take charge kinda guy, but not controlling.   When was the last time you planned a date? Or chose a restaurant? When was the last time your wife came home to bubble bath? When was the last time yall cuddled without the expectation of sex? Gentlemen, if your wife is like my wife she is making decisions all day at work, so for her to come home and make decisions turns her off.  Not to discount how hard we work.

Gentlemen we need to take the time out to re-learn our wives and that is vise versa...and (I will deal with them tomorrow). Gentlemen, this process is not a quick fix. There has to be consistency, you have to let go of your ego and pride. You tap into her needs, she will meet yours.

4 comments:

  1. I can see where you are coming from. I have have stopped the things that I used to do. You know life happens and things come up and I stop placing a value on her. Hopefully, its not to far gone and it can be salvaged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start where you are. The first thing I would do, if I was you... is apologize for your part. Then make a conscious decision on making different choices. It's never to late, just keep putting 1 foot in front of the other. Before you know, you will be exactly where you want to be. It didn't take 1 night to get where you are, and it's not going to take 1 night to change. Be consistent, be intentional.

      Delete
  2. I appreciate this blog post! In my mind, communication is communication and should be the same across the board. However, in marriage, husbands and wives communicate differently and miscommunication over an extended period of time will cause great strain on a marriage relationship! I'm going to share this 'read' with my husband, I think he'll get a great deal from it; especially since I've been saying this to him for the last few months. Looking forward to reading what you have to say about wives as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the post. We definitely speak in different terms. If we are talking apples, you all are talking red and we are talk green. Anytime you unplug the conversation, the growth stops. Either party does not know where the other party is. There is a great book I read entitled "The Five Love Languages". It is a break down of your dominate communication style. Here are the 5 Love Languages in no particular order:

    1. Words of Affirmation
    2.Quality Time
    3.Receiving Gifts
    4.Acts of Service
    5.Physical Touch

    Here is the link that gives you a description of each.
    http://www.5lovelanguages.com/learn-the-languages/the-five-love-languages/

    This is a process, and if both of you are welling to endure it...it can turn out good.

    ReplyDelete