Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Let's Talk About Sex Pt.IV


Over the past few days, we have been talking about some of the issues that causes marriages to lose its intimacy. The few things that I address are just a scratch on the surface. You know your marriage and the things you're facing on a daily bases. Being intimate is a byproduct of a combination of things. Will everything always line up...no...and if you believe that, then you are deceived. Does it ever get to a point  where it goes beyond just managing  it… YES. Fredrick Douglas said “There is no progress without struggle”.  Contrary to what you believe, marriage is hard work. The reality is… if it was easy the divorce rate wouldn't be as high as it is. 50% percent of first marriages, 67% of second and 74% of third marriages end in divorce as stated by www.divorcerate.org . These are some staggering numbers, which indicates that you have to put in work. 

No, I am not about to do counseling session. I am going to be real, there was a point that my wife and I were on the bottom of the bottom..looking up at the bottom. We were at the breaking point SEVERAL times over the past few years. What has kept us together has nothing to do with either one of us, but our foundation that was and still is based on both of us having a solid relationship with God. What God promised us about our marriage is greater than our own selfish beliefs. I know a lot of people that love God and ended up getting a divorce. God still loves them, just as much as he loves us. We made choice to hold on to the promise of God, and the majority of the time it is not the easy thing to do.  If through your situation, you have lost sight of Him or you have never made that decision…He’s waiting for you. It is a simple as saying Father, I confess my sins and I believe in my heart that Jesus died for me and paid the penalty for me.

The more you love on Him that easier it becomes to love your spouse. Through God's grace we will be married 10 years in May. 




No comments:

Post a Comment