Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Are You Ready to Give an Answer?


First, my thoughts and prayers go out to anyone who has last a love to violence.  Over the weekend a professional football player killed his girlfriend, and then drove to the stadium where he then killed himself in front of the Coach and GM. Leaving a 3 month old daughter behind. I also just read a story where a 25 year old son stabs his father girlfriend 42 times, then drives to his father’s job and shot him in the head with a bow and arrow and then kills himself.  I wouldn't try to figure out the state of mind of someone who does not have a history of violence, but ends up committing a crime like these. A few years ago I spoke with someone who was at their wits end and was about to kill themselves. Now, my thought on this is; if this person was really going to do it, why would they call me and tell me and not just do? Well here is what I came up with.  After, we began to talk I realize that this person wanted someone to talk them out of doing it. They really didn't want to do it, but they thought it was the only way to escape their situation.  At that point they didn’t have a value on their life, so I had to find something that they did value.  Something that made them want to keep living.  Please understand that I am not saying this to toot my own whistle, but to say I was open and available when God needed me to be.

We get so caught up in our own lives that we miss opportunities. If someone called the majority of us right now and said they didn’t what to live, we wouldn’t have a response for them.  We wouldn’t know what to do.  You don’t have the time to get them to your Pastor or to the “church”; they need you to be ready and able to jump into their lives NOW!!!! The Word says” be ready always to give an answer to every man that asks you a reason of the hope that is in you” I Peter 3:15. That is not only referring to questions that they have about the bible, but life. These are some sad situations and my prayers go out to these families. Are you ready to give an answer if you are approached? 

1 comment: